H2H’s Equal Opportunities policy
Equal Opportunities at H2H
H2H is committed to promoting equality and diversity, providing an inclusive and co-operative environment in which all individuals working for and on behalf of the charity feel respected and able to give of their best. We believe it is in H2H’s best interests and those who work within it, to recognise the value of each individual and to combat prejudice, stereotyping and harassment. Through the implementation of this policy H2H will:
· ensure that all staff (current and prospective), volunteers, members of the Board, and other elected representatives and members are afforded equal opportunities regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, religious or political belief or affiliation, trade union membership, age, health, gender, gender reassignment, marital status, parental status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability, socio-economic background, educational background, ex-offender status, or any other inappropriate distinction.
· promote diversity and equality for persons working for and on behalf of H2H and value input from individuals and groups of people from diverse cultural, ethnic, socio-economic and other distinctive backgrounds.
· promote fair and equal treatment for employees in fulfilling their potential, ensuring that no individuals or groups of people are afforded unfair privilege within the working environment.
· treat all members of staff fairly and equally, irrespective of their length of service, status and number of hours worked.
· challenge discriminatory practice and less favourable treatment, wherever this is identified.
· undertake positive action, wherever possible, to encourage greater participation of under-represented groups of people across the organisation.
· promote an environment free from discrimination, victimisation or bullying in any way or form in relation to all employees and visitors to the organisation.
· regard breaches of H2H’s Equality and Diversity Policy as misconduct which may lead to disciplinary action.
· Monitor the composition of the workforce, our policies and procedures to ensure that our equal opportunities policy statement is being properly implemented.
Responsibility for Implementation of the Policy
H2H’s Governing Board has ultimate responsibility for the development and implementation of the organisation’s Equality and Diversity Policy and is responsible for achieving this through paid staff and volunteers.
All employees (whether in a paid or voluntary capacity) have a duty, both morally and legally not to discriminate against individuals. Employees of H2H have a personal responsibility for the practical application of the organisation’s Equality and Diversity Policy which extends to the treatment of members of the public and employees.
© 2020 Head2Head Sensory Theatre
Charity Registered in England and Wales: 1161873
Registered address: 15 Ralliwood Road, Ashtead, Surrey, KT21 1DD, UK