Location: Leatherhead and mainly homebased. Ideally candidates should live or work in London or South East as occasional visit to Head2Head Sensory Theatre and Centre will be necessary
Remuneration: This volunteer position is not remunerated but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed in line with Charity Commission guidelines
Estimate of time needed: Approximately 10-15 hours / month either in or out of office hours
H2H is expanding and we are now looking for a HR Assistant to help lead on policies and procedures. You will also have the opportunity to get actively involved in recruitment and creating and implementing effective onboarding plans for volunteers. If you have previous experience in Human Resources or Training please get in touch as we would love to hear from you!
What will you be doing?
We are currently seeking a dedicated volunteer to support us by ensuring that H2H’s organisational needs are managed through the recruitment, placement, retention ongoing support of volunteers carrying out activities on behalf of H2H.
The role will involve:
- Researching and writing volunteer policies and procedures, including risk assessments
- Leading on the development, implementation and evaluation of a volunteer programme generating opportunities and role descriptions based on current operational and programme aspirations
- Raising staff awareness of the role and the function of volunteers
- Ensuring there is appropriate support and training for volunteers
- Promoting volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns
- Interviewing and recruiting volunteers, ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained for their position
- Providing inductions and training
- Organising profile-raising events to attract new volunteers
- Keeping up to date with legislation and policy related to volunteering and making any necessary modifications to accommodate changes
- Working with multiple agencies across different sectors in order to establish good working relationships to influence decisions about volunteering
- Maintaining databases and undertaking any other administrative duties
- Developing and managing partnerships with external stakeholders including Universities and volunteering hubs
- Developing and maintaining links with local community groups and other organisations and businesses in order to recruit new volunteers
- Raising the profile of H2H’s volunteer programmes, acting as an ambassador
- Ensuring that volunteer roles, guidelines, procedures, record-keeping and evaluation systems are followed and maintained
What are we looking for?
We wish to recruit volunteers who are passionate about our charity’s work. We are seeking individuals who are able to help us with our expansion project and beyond with their expertise and skills in social media, marketing and branding awareness, and to ultimately champion its development and growth. Ideal candidates will have can-do attitudes, very strong promotional skills enabling leads for the benefit of the charity, as well as expert knowledge and experience necessary for this exciting transition.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience and/or qualification in disciplines such as human resources management, social work and business management
- The ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage a variety of tasks
- Administrative and IT skills and ability to maintain records and produce clear written and verbal reports
- A flexible and non-judgemental approach to people and work
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector
Please submit your CV and covering letter to:email@example.com