Location: Fetcham, KT22 9LJ
Remuneration: This volunteer position is not remunerated but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed in line with Charity Commission guidelines
Estimate of time needed: Hours to suit. Position can be shared amongst members of the same household under Covid-19 restrictions.
We are currently looking for a Wardrobe Mistress to help maintain our wide range of costumes for our popular productions and to ensure a smooth running wardrobe department.
What will you be doing?
We are currently seeking a dedicated volunteer (or a couple to share the role) to support us by ensuring that H2H’s costumes are maintained and organised allowing a smooth running for our volunteers and actors in carrying out our productions.
The role will involve:
- Sorting, cataloguing and maintaining H2H’s large collection of costumes
- Collaborating with Artistic Director, actors and all staff in meeting the wardrobe needs for performances
- Working in line with Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensuring artistic integrity of costume design at all times
- Maintaining all necessary paperwork
- Keeping Artistic Director updated on any maintenance issues
What are we looking for?
We wish to recruit volunteers who are passionate about our charity’s work. We are seeking individuals who are able to help us by bringing their expertise, skill, and to ultimately champion our contribution to the Special Needs’ Community. Ideal candidates will have can-do attitudes, as well as knowledge and experience necessary for this role.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A keen interest in theatre and costumes
- Excellent hand and machine sewing skills
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible and adaptable attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Great organisational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of costume maintenance is desirable but not essential
To apply: Please submit your CV and covering letter to:email@example.com