Location: Fetcham, KT22 9LJ and remote
Remuneration: This volunteer position is not remunerated but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed in line with Charity Commission guidelines
Estimate of time needed: Hours to suit. Position can be shared amongst members of the same household under Covid-19 restrictions.
We are currently looking for a Props Manager to help maintain our wide range of sensory props for our popular productions.
What will you be doing?
We are currently seeking a dedicated volunteer (or a couple to share the role) to support us by ensuring that H2H’s sensory props are maintained and organised allowing a smooth running for our volunteers and actors in carrying out our productions.
The role will involve:
- Procurement, manufacture and preparation of all items, apart from costumes, used for our productions
- Sorting, cataloguing and maintaining H2H’s large collection of sensory props
- Collaborating with Artistic Director, actors and all staff in meeting the production needs
- Working in line with Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensuring artistic integrity of stage design at all times
- Maintaining all necessary paperwork
- Keeping Artistic Director updated on any maintenance issues
- Setting up for performances / assisting in set construction when necessary
- Being available for performances to support stage volunteers and actors if necessary
What are we looking for?
We wish to recruit volunteers who are passionate about our charity’s work. We are seeking individuals who are able to help us by bringing their expertise, skill, and to ultimately champion our contribution to the Special Needs’ Community. Ideal candidates will have can-do attitudes, as well as knowledge and experience necessary for this role.
Ideal candidates will have:
- A keen interest in theatre and stage design
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative and as part of a team
- A flexible and adaptable attitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Great organisational skills
- A good understanding of both the technical and artistic elements of a performance is helpful but not essential
Please submit your CV and covering letter to:email@example.com