Location: Leatherhead and mainly homebased. Ideally candidates should live or work in London or South East as occasional visit to Head2Head Sensory Theatre and Centre will be necessary
Salary: £12.50 per hour on a freelance basis
Hours: 8 hours per week
Contract: 6 months with possibility for extension pending funding success
Closing date: 31st January 2021
Do you have experience in social media, PR & marketing? Do you have previous experience in writing, managing and posting content for an organisation or for a charity? This is a varied and fast-paced role and H2H is looking for a talented individual with a passion for our work and the drive, contacts and skills to maximise our outreach and impact.
What will you be doing?
As PR & Communications Coordinator you will be responsible for writing engaging content across our print and digital outlets. A compelling storyteller, you’ll embed fundraising and awareness-raising throughout our external communications, helping to engage, our existing, and grow our supporter base.
An imaginative PR & Communications Coordinator who will support H2H in maximising income through the creation and implementation of creative and effective marketing campaigns.
The role will involve:
- Build our brand identity and awareness
- Develop our marketing strategy and communication channels
- Design and implement campaigns and promotional activity
- Design and measure the impact of our services
- Develop and manage relationships with external stakeholders
Key activities will include:
- Managing central content calendar spanning social media and newsletters
- Creating and scheduling social media posts across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn to support upcoming campaigns
- Moderating and responding to comments and messages on social media
- Implement tactics to grow followers across social media platforms including developing strategies to identify and on-board key influencers
- Researching new outlets that target specific audiences to publish H2H pieces
- Build a network of contacts, developing relationships to reach new and/or strategically targeted audiences
- Reporting on social media insight data to monitor and evaluate success
- Monitor sector trends to identify areas for improvement
- Writing and coordinating newsletters, sent through MailChimp
- Writing press releases, blogs and other required communications
- Making links with appropriate organisations to build new relationships within our online community; arranging podcast interviews, appropriate content shares and social media affiliations
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ of communications and/or press relations experience with a network of journalist contacts across publications
- Social media content creation experience; be up-to-date with latest trends
- Experience of writing engaging, intriguing and innovative content
- Project experience including marketing strategies and social media
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding copywriting skills
- Flexible, self-motivated and resourceful
- Able to work effectively with a small, dynamic team
- Outstanding organisational skills and ability to deliver content quickly
- Interest in H2H’s aims and objectives and a passion for play
- Experience and/or understanding of the challenges face by SEND community
- Autonomous working
- Flexible working hours
- Job satisfaction
- Becoming part of Head2Head’s journey to build the ‘first-of-it’s-kind’ multi-sensory community outreach centre
Please submit a CV and covering letter, explaining why you want to work for H2H and how you meet the criteria we are looking for, to: email@example.com
Applications may be reviewed on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to apply early as we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the published closing date in the event of finding a suitable candidate.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to your application. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of applying then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.