Location: Leatherhead and mainly homebased. Ideally candidates should live or work in London or South East as occasional visit to Head2Head Sensory Theatre and Centre will be necessary
Salary: £12.50 per hour on a freelance basis
Hours: 8 hours per week
Contract: 6 months with possibility for extension pending funding success
Closing date: 31st January 2021
Do you have experience in Fundraising and generating income for a non-profit organisation? Can you develop, manage, promote and execute fundraising events whilst achieving a monthly fundraising income and expanding our community?
What will you be doing?
We have an extremely exciting opportunity for a freelance charity fundraiser to join our passionate and rapidly expanding team at Head2Head.
This role is very flexible around time commitment, for those who wish to work ‘out of office’ hours, evenings, weekends are welcome.
Working for a volunteer-led charity, this position would suit someone with experience in identifying funding streams, managing digital and events fundraising activities and working closely with the CEO and the Fundraising team in the planning and implementation of all fundraising activities.
The role will involve:
- Developing and rolling out a community and events fundraising plan with a range of events throughout the year. Writing a project plan for each activity and execute accordingly
- Developing and delivering the charity’s portfolio of volunteer fundraising activities including the project management of specific activities, the development of bespoke events and the managing of relationships with external event providers
- Developing, coordination and implementation of online fundraising and marketing strategies from start to finish with the aim of meeting or exceeding our targets
- Working closely with Communications team in raising our profile, building brand awareness and enhancing our audience. Co-managing social media accounts with Communications team
- Explore and test new types of online fundraising
- Contributing to the development of fundraising strategy and budgeting
- Representing the charity at relevant fundraising events, delivering talks and presentations to local community groups and organisations as appropriate, acting as an ambassador for Head2Head at all times
- Managing relationships with volunteer fundraisers, providing high quality support and stewardship to increase participant numbers and maximise amounts raised
- Keeping up to date with latest fundraising initiatives, innovations and generating ideas to best suit the Head2Head strategy
- Achieving agreed income targets and within an expenditure (if any) budget
- Generating support from clubs, organisations, community groups and liaising with other fundraisers and supporting their activities
- Raising awareness of Head2Head’s work within the local community. Maximising publicity on all fundraising activity within the local area, using internal departments and external media partners
- Working closely with the Communications Team in promoting our work
- Ensuring an excellent standard of customer service at events for both participants and event’s partners/supporters – by letter, email, phone and face to face
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge leading and innovative fundraising techniques and best practice
- Representing Head2Head in a variety of different contexts and to a variety of different audiences
- Contributing to organisational effectiveness through positive and collaborative teamworking
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in event fundraising
- Proven online marketing and fundraising experience with ability to raise money across multiple channels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent and proven knowledge of fundraising methodology including prospect research, managing databases for portfolio management, proposal preparation and the cultivation, solicitation and handling of donors
- Strong analytical skills, database proficiency and outstanding budgetary and financial skills
- Thoroughness and attention to detail with ability to work independently
- Energetic, proactive and capable of positively working in a team
- Experience of working with volunteers and/or boards in delivering fundraising targets is desirable
- Experience of developing and/or implementing a successful major gift or capital campaign is advantageous
- Autonomous working
- Flexible working hours
- Job satisfaction
- Becoming part of Head2Head’s journey to build the ‘first-of-it’s-kind’ multi-sensory community outreach centre
Please submit a CV and covering letter, explaining why you want to work for H2H and how you meet the criteria we are looking for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications may be reviewed on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to apply early as we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the published closing date in the event of finding a suitable candidate.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to your application. If you have not heard from us within 7 days of applying then unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.