Location: Leatherhead and mainly homebased. Ideally candidates should live or work in London or South East as occasional visit to Head2Head Sensory Theatre and Centre will be necessary
Remuneration: This volunteer position is not remunerated but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed in line with Charity Commission guidelines
Estimate of time needed: Approximately 5-15 hours / month either in or out of office hours
Do you work in Fundraising or Business Development? Have you previous experience managing a fundraising campaign for a charity? If so, please get in touch as we would love to hear from you! Head2Head Sensory Theatre is seeking volunteers to form part of a project team leading on the purchase and refurbishment of a Sensory Theatre / Community Drop-In Centre for children and young adults with special needs’ and disabilities, their families and carers.
What will you be doing?
You will help us establish and maintain a first-of-its-kind centre which will leave a lasting legacy on the Leatherhead and Surrey community. You will raise funds and awareness of this exciting project and promote its growth and development. You will bring your skills, attributes, expert knowledge, experience and contacts to enrich our project and benefit our charity.
The main purpose of the role will be to support the Board of Trustees and CEO in developing a project-specific sustainable fundraising strategy to support the purchase, and refurbishment, of a building and site into a sensory theatre intended to be used as a base for our Charity. You will work with the Board of Trustees and MKPA Staff to identify income streams to maintain and develop sustainable funding in line with the organisational fundraising strategy through the:
- Completion of Funding Applications to Trusts/Foundations and other organisations
- Supporting and planning of fundraising initiatives
- Identification of new funding opportunities
- Supporting and marketing any fundraising events
- Supporting the development of membership fundraising (potentially fundraising packs and materials)
- Assisting in the research of prospective Trusts, Foundations and Corporate donors
- Development of community and local company engagement both in direct giving and gifts in kind
- Assisting in the development and management of fundraising database, helping update records and administrative duties as and when required
- Carrying out any other ad hoc admin support for the team as required
What are we looking for?
We wish to recruit volunteers who are passionate about our charity’s work. We are seeking individuals who are able to help us with our expansion project with their expertise and skills in securing the necessary support and to ultimately champion its development and growth. Ideal candidates will have can-do attitudes, very strong networking skills enabling leads for the benefit of the charity, as well as expert knowledge and experience necessary for this exciting transition.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working on projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to think laterally and produce original materials
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work flexibly in a team with enthusiasm and commitment
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience of writing persuasive letters or proposals
- Demonstrable successful track record of funding applications
- Interest in H2H’s aims and objectives and a passion for play
Please submit your CV and covering letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org